Tribes0.com - halp

Announcements, Important Things and other Cool Stuff

Moderator: Moderators

41 Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:57 pm

Crow's 1.40 HQ config is quite nice... I stripped 5150 from it, added demo drop, 12 favs (or maybe that was already there, I forget), and wrote a couple of custom scripts myself for the player profile system in Kigen's and Crow's versions of Annihilation, etc...
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

42 Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:18 am

I like manylith's T:A config
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

43 Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:27 am

plas if you are being lazy about this, im not gonna stick around for another tribes project to burn out, and i doubt anybody else will either. i see a lot resting on this

oh and anubis i like your idea:

Anubis wrote:a nice art-image of tribes on the background? Something like T:A site. put a nice video too, maybe the latest one of Binswees / Goffe?

tribesascend.com/

download game link in one side Image

and links at the other

or something etc

edit: perr also although your still on my ignore list from over a year ago so i didnt see what your post said (ill change it eventually)
bawb
Commander
Commander

44 Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:20 pm

You ignored me?
:wow:
LOL, why?
:lol:
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

45 Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:24 pm

The newest form of trolling is to just not say anything. You got troll'd.
Braveskin
How about a real title?

46 Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:25 pm

holy shit owned. plas, hows the site going. besides nothing?
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

47 Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:10 pm

I've got some good ideas, bot nothing coded yet. Still recovering from the holidays. :evil:
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

48 Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:11 pm

What happened? Gained 2 pounds and feel the need to enter a triathlon?
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

49 Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:14 am

perr i dont remember exactly but its funny to think about

and plas... excuses? so far we all have had more input in this than you have my friend stop chasing :cat:'s and lets get the ball rolling
bawb
Commander
Commander

50 Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:03 pm

so plas.. how is this goin lol
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

51 Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:36 pm

im seeing things in games now days, that i know a lot of tribes coders came up with. games like skyrim and call of duty, we used to have a level of glory here. that title we hold has a lot of meaning behind it, and inherent responsibility for us to live up to. what would be expected from the *only people who could make anything* for this game?

besides some of us being ground-breakers in programming and modding concepts, in all the time i have been coding for this game, *never* have i seen a coordinated attempt at producing quality work for the community to use and play. people need new sh!t to play or it gets old...

when all the coders leave there will be no hope for this game to survive

we cant really forget how to code, but we can lose any interest we may have gained in the past. if we AS A WHOLE dont all put our foot forward and honestly try and bring some of the interest back to this game, then we might as well all agree to let it die

if you are reading this and you pass it by to go check your facebook or text that girl who is probably playing games with you, why not be productive and get her arse to play tribes instead. tell your facebook friends to play tribes, theres your beginning of it right there.

think obama bittches we need some change around here or to stop wasting sevnns hosting space
bawb
Commander
Commander

52 Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:00 am

So, you want plas to add a "like" button to Tribes0.com?
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

53 Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:04 am

bob I think you are 80% wrong...

You don't need all the Tribes coders for Tribes to live. Fact is that all the mods already exist.
You need some people to host them and a ton of people to play them. It is sad that the last days of Tribes
are played in plasmatic's shitmod and especially after the noob additions to it, but if you get like 200 people at least
then you can have a good amount of players in any other mod and people will stop playing BR.

Another fact is that nofix was right... base mod will never be replaced.
C--
Sorry....

54 Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:55 am

I've downloaded all the mods I could get a hold of, thanks to OZ clan having resources up at http://www.thelandofoz.net/downloads/

You can see the complete list there, or email me any mods that are missing and I will permanently host the archive on my own servers as well.

If you'd like to see a Tribes server hosted and registered against our community master server, just let me know what mods to host and I will do so on a fat pipe. I will be doing this anyway for a few mods that I will want to be running as a reference... You'll see them soon.

I'm in the process of developing a "new" mod, which is really just my attempt to take my favorite things from all the mods in an effort to re-create a mod. The mod was called WarZonE by a guy who used the handles NRG, Phantom, or {NRG}Phantom. I won't bother asking if anyone has a copy--nobody does. I've been hunting for years and years and now I just need to hand-code it myself. No more :cat: footing around ...

The mod is intended to be a prototype to launch a full-scale game development project (we as a community have failed time and time again to re-create tribes (Yes, legions is a failure)... so I won't do that--first I will create the mod, then I'll worry about making it a separate game). Unfortunately I'm the only programmer I know with a vested interest in Tribes, and I'm JUST beginning tribes mod dev, but I hope my recent gains as a software engineer will help me achieve my goal swiftly.

As far as helping out with tribes0.com, I may be able to help once Plas reveals what his plans are. My only constrains are time, not skills.

FYI my skills include the following: css/html/javascript, ruby/rails (if we want CMS, auth, etc, rails is nice), php, python, c/c++/obj-c (iOS). Feel free to leverage me in the interest of the community.

Also I am a heavy git user, I <3 collaboration.

Also here's another idea: Maybe we can leverage the iPhone and iPad to bring peoples' attention to Tribes as well with some kind of free iOS app. I would be willing to do something like this. Maybe we can style it to be tribes-ish and have it tie into the Tribes0 site in some way, have it be a portal to the OFFICIAL Tribes 1 forums (if we make another forum or something), have it show the servers registered on the master list, and maybe have a chat feature like the old "IRC/Chat" button in Tribes 1. Let me know if you guys think this would be worthwhile.

Players are gone--that's normal. Contributors are dwindling--fine. But this game is just too good to let die.
keyvan
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

55 Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:46 pm

ugh.....

Hey guys add this..
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18936011/WWII_MOD.rar

for love sake I might die soon, better let the good shit keep living :D
C--
Sorry....

56 Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:10 pm

C-- wrote:ugh.....

Hey guys add this..
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18936011/WWII_MOD.rar

for love sake I might die soon, better let the good shit keep living :D

Cool added it, thanks. I'll create a more centralized place to upload/download from the mod list and post it later. Afterwards we can integrate it into tribes0.com if Plasmatic likes that idea.
keyvan
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

57 Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:20 am

Good idea btw, I think Plasmatic must add this to tribes0
C--
Sorry....

58 Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:54 pm

wait where did you add it lol?
C--
Sorry....

59 Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:35 am

Jinzo
Contributor #1

60 Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:17 am

What Tribes 1 really needs is something like TribesNEXT.
A client side overhaul that sets up masters, patches the game for modern systems, as well a providing an "official" site for the game.
Graphics mods and an asset loader (for custom buildings and textures) would help too.
QuantumWings
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

PreviousNext

Return to News