Tribes0.com - halp

Announcements, Important Things and other Cool Stuff

Moderator: Moderators

21 Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:48 pm

if we are talking about marketing, this topic IS about remaking the tribes0 site.... which in my eyes seems like a great place for us to rally and start some type of movement to bring back our playerbase (youtube, facebook, twitter, etc)

suggestions for plas:

- put a new forum on the tribes0 website (and moderate it, no flaming at ALL, positive vibes and respect only)
- history of the game (like a timeline of events, people and clans that mattered in tribes from 1998 to current)
- a youtube, facebook, and twitter account to go along side of your website (more people will be directed to your site this way) and maybe have a few trusted people run the sites to add and direct people to tribes0
- a new mod for tribes to go with your website? a new version of annihilation? i dont want to keep repeating but the only mods that are played currently (i know by like 12 players total, still) are the last ones to have been updated...

there is no point to tribes0.com without truly taking the game into consideration... i know im not the only one who will help
bawb
Commander
Commander

22 Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:23 pm

-this forum is fine?
-there are enough mods for the number of players we have that dont give a love about any other mods besides renegaydes, annihilation and base/lt? Ok, rpg usually have 5 players..

I think this website should be used to "sell" tribes.. and inside the game, players would play the mods already listed..

Anyway, plasmatic need to talk to us about his ideas too....... :sick: he's clearly not giving a love anymore lol
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

23 Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:53 pm

:roll:
bawb
Commander
Commander

24 Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:11 am

what you guys said might keep the players playing, but not bring them in the first place.
think harder
C--
Sorry....

25 Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:36 am

naked women?
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

26 Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:44 am

this is what i mean, come up with your own ideas and dont disregard someone elses just because of your own personal opinion.

optimism should be the annihilation.info word of the decade :|
bawb
Commander
Commander

27 Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:56 am

brainstorms + discussion = results
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

28 Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:27 am

I'm with you guys, but I don't think we really need another forum. *yet*. I too would like to make it into an information site about Tribes, but let's start smaller and get some content up. The game really needs new blood, and we need to find ways to make our darling attractive again! Most people don't get Tribes, and we need to change that.
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

29 Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:27 pm

:lol: :stupid:
SAND
Commander
Commander

30 Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:14 am

i know that difficulty installing the game is a problem for new people (the different versions, patches, and updates)

another thing i noticed that tribes lacked in its content was modularity, a lot of the time installing mods scripts and skins resulted in you having to reinstall the game (i mean until you were good at it)

on top of things like finding out which master to use, which version to play on, what mods you were compatible with, what shapes you needed to play on what servers... there is a lot of stuff that the developers left in the hands of the community. we can finish what they didnt i think, there were too many hoops to jump through for people just trying to play a fun game. maybe we should get rid of the hoops?
bawb
Commander
Commander

31 Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Tribes0.com is currently a single webpage with links to download 2 versions of Tribes, a few modifications, and videos...

I think it merely needs expansion...

Step 1: A new content management system, so that we can all register and post videos and whatnot. Obviously moderated so Bob doesn't embed meatspin. Not simply a forum, but something closer to youtube, or motherless instead.

Step 2: Download links to all versions of Tribes, not just 1 and 2... I mean 1.0, 1.8, 1.11, 1.30, 1.40, 2.0, Vengeance and Ascend.... plus mods, whether created by Plasmatic or not...

Step 3: Mirror content and links on youtube and other video/file sharing websites to get the message out to the masses.
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

32 Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:51 pm

You should bring the annihilation wiki back.
Krogoth
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

33 Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:54 pm

That too.
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

34 Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:47 am

Tribes0 has all Tribes BMP's in it, but no link to them lol

dont ask me how i found
C--
Sorry....

35 Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:11 pm

hum
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

36 Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:02 am

C-- wrote:Tribes0 has all Tribes BMP's in it, but no link to them lol

dont ask me how i found

There used to be a webpage that displayed them all...

It looked almost exactly like this: http://rb.deadtaco.com/mapediting/
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

37 Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:39 pm

I really like the idea of turning it into an information center promoting Tribes.

An updated Tribes download needs to be up there. 1.40 with the sp1, and high resolution skins. Skins that don't stray too far from the originals, the original Tribes art is timeless, just needs more pixels. I have some high detail skins now, but the set isn't complete. The original lush terrain is ugly and also needs an update, but again, it should be close to the original, but maybe a little more lush. Once we get a complete set I'll wrap it in the original tribes installer that came with the disk.

I'll go through and clean up the links and add more to the <hidden> content there.

Any thoughts about a mobile friendly skin for it and this site?
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

38 Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:21 pm

a nice art-image of tribes on the background? Something like T:A site. put a nice video too, maybe the latest one of Binswees / Goffe?

tribesascend.com/

download game link in one side Image

and links at the other

or something etc
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

39 Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:25 pm

:boogie:
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

40 Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:36 am

Anubis wrote::boogie: