Tribes: Ascend Prepares for Beta, Accepts Applications

Announcements, Important Things and other Cool Stuff

Moderator: Moderators

1 Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:59 am

September 14, 2011
ATLANTA – September 14, 2011 — Hi-Rez Studios, developer of AAA free-to-play online games, today announced that the first phase of Tribes: Ascend closed beta will begin within the next few weeks. Players can apply for this initial phase at the Tribes: Ascend website as Hi-Rez Studios will be granting access to thousands of hand-selected players worldwide.

-Plasmatic
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

2 Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:59 am

Beta signup form. Note, you must sign up for their forums.
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

3 Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:53 pm

What does "closed beta" mean? It's not like you have to be in that area to participate, right?

Also, where do I exactly sign up for this? And who do they pick?
C--
Sorry....

4 Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:58 pm

ok I think I submitted.

Does the game name matter? Do they somehow recognize you from some places?
C--
Sorry....

5 Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:49 pm

Closed beta means by invite only. This should be an interesting game no matter what happens.
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

6 Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:10 am

I will try to get into this. If you signed up it probably doesn't hurt to put global agenda as a game you've played also make sure you submit your system specs on your account.
Death666
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

7 Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:52 pm

I already did this shit for tribes universe. wtf fk with them!
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

8 Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:53 pm

and fk their huge weapons!

Edit: done. OMG I HOPE THEY CHOSE ME
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

9 Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:25 am

Anubis I hope we both get in so I can sticky grenade you in the face :browsmile:
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

10 Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:58 am

Really, they stole sticky grenades from Halo?
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

11 Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:27 am

Plasmatic wrote:Anubis I hope we both get in so I can sticky grenade you in the face :browsmile:

yeah? well, I will shoot you with a glock
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

12 Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:03 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txUjz1D1VK8&feature=player_embedded

Didn't know what thread to put this in. Cyberlink interviewed Todd the other day and revealed closed beta will start on November 4th. Other stuff from the interview:

DJ strength, chasing, stand-still momentum has been tweaked.

3 ways to get into beta: hand-selected by HiRez, promotions/contests, pre-order VIP starter packs. 33% discount on purchases and beta guarantee.

VIP status gives you more in-game gold that goes towards classes and boosters.

'Many thousand' closed beta testers expected. Expect US, EU and AU servers.

Closed beta will focus on character progression outside of matches.

Open beta will focus on maintaining progression.

CBT will have NDA. Don't expect servers to be up 24/7, but they will be up a lot more than it was in Alpha.

Main goal of loadout system was to introduce a class-based system to Tribes; feel it will make gameplay more interesting. Customization not in the foreseeable future. If players were given complete weapon freedom, a dominant strategy would emerge and it would no longer be a class-based game.

Disc+2 system: Lot of discussion in the studio. Giving every class a disc hurts its distinctiveness (both the class and spinfusor). At least 3 loadouts have a spinfusor.

Boost confirmed for Jumper class?

Perk/skill system per class.

Character progression: to max out the Soldier class, 20 hours of gameplay will be needed. $/VIP and boosts will shorten requirements. Currently 11 skills/perks per class, will likely change during and after beta. Character ranks set at 50.

No server browser for CBT. Select gametype and hit Join. Expect sever browser for final release.

Social features: Currently contains a friends-list, next will be a party system and clan rosters, with e-sport features in the future.
EvanVolm
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

13 Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:43 pm

Hirez wrote:Tribes 1 sucks so much.

Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

14 Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:55 am

Anubis wrote:
Hirez wrote:Tribes 1 sucks so much.

I don't understand why they don't like Tribes 1.

In my opinion Tribes 1 is the best Tribes game to exist and Tribes 2 has some fatal mistakes in it that turn it
into crap. I REALLY hope Ascend will not be screwed up. Tribes 1 could be a great example.
C--
Sorry....

15 Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:45 am

all tribes discs are updated except for Tribes1's. Look at that piece of crap. Tribes 1 disc is thin and simple. Look at they have done to it. It looks like a love mortar. mother love.
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

Return to News