A new beta release?!?!

Announcements, Important Things and other Cool Stuff

Moderator: Moderators

41 Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:06 pm

I'm trying to stop the bickering, and failing miserably, which was to be expected considering the source.
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

42 Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:26 pm

As far as the Mass Driver is concerned it was merely a suggestion to balance the most broken or atleast most exploited weapon in Tribes. By keeping its best qualities to remove defenses and further trading off its bad qualities by replacing them with something this communities members have been asking for, for quite some time.
The AU Assault Rifle. Bullets require far more skill to place on target then an instant kill unlimited range massively powerfull energy beam.

Tribes has been through many transitions we are now in a time were there are some thicked headed old vets that are visisted sometimes by other old vets. We are getting a steady influx from other mods because they are in thier death thrulls. Annihilation and Renegades by far will be the last inhabitible servers left in this game. Maybe a few players running base. Thats it folks dont fool yourselves.
Knock on the brazilians and turks all you want but if they stop playing theres no more hunt.
Just a handfull of happy modders and a dead scrim scene.

This is our last stand in Tribes either we come together and fix the major issues in our mod or we let it go.
I am putting my time and effort into doing the best job I can to reach out to a very hostile crowd.
I dont really care what your opinions are of me.

I do know that unless the HM exploitation issue is resolved and the common problem that every Annihilation server is runing either a different or modded version of annihilation we throw Annihilation to the wolves.
DXSTRYR
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

43 Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:26 pm

You've been preaching doomsday for the better part of a decade, and it's getting old.
This game will survive as long as the community wants it to. We have community driven master servers to prove such facts.

But the important thing is that suggestions go in the suggestions forum, and bickering doesn't belong on this website at all.

I urge you to continue the discussion on the assault rifle and what-not in the suggestions section.
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

44 Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:58 pm

[quote="Perrinoia"]You've been preaching doomsday for the better part of a decade, and it's getting old.
This game will survive as long as the community wants it to. We have community driven master servers to prove such facts.

But the important thing is that suggestions go in the suggestions forum, and bickering doesn't belong on this website at all.

I urge you to continue the discussion on the assault rifle and what-not in the suggestions section.[/quote]

When did I ever preach doomsday of the master servers?
Besides why would I?

I dont desperately cling to this social disorder called a community.
Your all just nooby snacks to me.
Here for my sheer amusment and to momentarly satiate my need to pwn noobs.
This whole game could go down the toilet tommorow and it would mean absolutely nothing to me because none of you mean anything to me. I care no more for any of you then Jack the Ripper cared for the hoes he ganked in dark alleyways.

Except for Plas I <3 Plas.
DXSTRYR
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

45 Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:20 am

particle beam damage should definately deteriorate based on distance, ice made a code for it a long time ago it was in his devastator mod and in protomanX's apocalypse mod too
bob
Banned

46 Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:03 am

Solid idea.
DXSTRYR
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

47 Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:12 pm

[quote="DXSTRYR"]Solid idea.[/quote]
Actually, last tim I checked, particle beams are comprised of gas, thus it is more likely that bob is full of hot air.

I like the idea too, I just figured I'd take this opportunity to make a bad pun.
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

48 Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:19 pm

[quote="bob"]particle beam damage should definately deteriorate based on distance, ice made a code for it a long time ago it was in his devastator mod and in protomanX's apocalypse mod too[/quote]

[code]
//----------------------------------------------------------------------------
//ICE'S LASER DETERIORATION MODULE, DAMAGE BY DISTANCE
//$LaserFullPwrRange[(Weapon ImageType Here)] = (How far the laser reaches while applying full damage);
$LaserFullPwrRange[PlasmaLaser] = 75;

//$LaserDeterioRate[(Weapon ImageType Here)] = (The rate of how fast the laser loses strength past its $LaserFullPwrRange);
$LaserDeterioRate[PlasmaLaser] = 0.008;
//ProtoManX's damagetype deterioration
$MaxDistance[$RailDamageType] = 300;

function Player::onDamage(%this,%type,%value,%pos,%vec,%mom,%vertPos,%quadrant,%object)
{
if(%type == $LaserDamageType) {
%weap = Player::getMountedItem(%object,$WeaponSlot);
%type = $DamageToLaser[%weap];
if(%type == "")
%type = $LaserDamageType;
else if(%type == $PlasmaDamageType) {
%Dist = Vector::getDistance(GameBase::getPosition(%this),GameBase::getPosition(%object));
if(%Dist > $LaserFullPwrRange[%weap]) {
%DistSpillover = %Dist - $LaserFullPwrRange[%weap];
%rate = $LaserDeterioRate[%weap] * %DistSpillover;
%value -= %rate;
}
if(%Dist <= 1.75) //- Instant kill at point blank if its a plasma laser
%value = Player::getArmor(%this).maxDamage * 2;
if(%value <= 0.0005)
%value = 0;
}
}[/code]

I've got the mod for referance.
Armageddon
Arma-Goddarn a roo-Motherlovein-Geddon

49 Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:52 am

You guys need to stop getting off-topic so I will stop seeing this shit here.
C--
Sorry....

50 Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:55 pm

Well. 4.0 still has bugs. Will a Final BETA be released soon?
Damage
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

51 Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:02 pm

With plas, nothing is final.
He's always going to be anal about his work and thats a great thing, so i suggest just waiting and updating as needed... Kinda like herpes medication, apply durring a "Flair up" like your crotch is re-entering the earth's atmosphere.
Armageddon
Arma-Goddarn a roo-Motherlovein-Geddon

Previous

Return to News