One Master to rule them all, and in the darkness bind them.

Announcements, Important Things and other Cool Stuff

Moderator: Moderators

261 Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:03 am

WorstAim wrote:You must not know 'bout me.

Nope.

Would "knowing 'bout you" have prevented me from writing a master server? No.

Since noFix doesn't, afaik, have a master server up and running, tells me that he is either:
A) Doesn't care
B) Doesn't have the time
C) Doesn't have the ability.
or
D) All the above

Cortalus, afaik, has a master server running, but I can't seem to talk to it because the IP keeps changing. Bad idea to have it on a dynamic IP! So, to me, his doesn't count either. Plasmatic's doesn't seem to be responding either.

Besides mine, the other four that seem to be working just fine are bugs_, kigen's, SKB, and the original dynamix servers.

bugs_ server is on a static IP (Good), has DNS (Good), and works (Great!)

skbmaster.ath.cx is another ms that seems to respond to my queries. I have no information about their server.

kigen's, I think I only need to mention the the 500Mhz laptop and Dynamic IP'ed DSL connection... You can guess the rest.
or001
Ensign
Ensign

262 Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:18 am

NoFix wrote the first master server when the master servers were down for a while last year. So go and read some history and stop saying NoFix doesn't know anything, cause he's clearly smarter than you.
BART_SIMPSON416
Homerbane4000

263 Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:16 am

You guys talk to much, <3 Bart, Worst, Cort, Robin, and Bob to (If I'm that drunk)
King Bear
King Of Bears

264 Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:03 am

or001 take a look at

http://www.annihilation.info/forum/view ... c&start=15

3rd post and down. Look at the date. OH YEA! it says 2005.
robindegen
I ril pr0 men

265 Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:40 am

Will you people stop fighting over which e-penii is bigger? Jesus, a master server is a master server. It's not the end of time.
Force
The Banninator

266 Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:43 am

NoFiX wrote:The community that created the game is dead ( at least to the game ), but there's always been an influx of Tribes patrons that have continually kept the "community", or what's left of it, going.

Tribes will be around for awhile. VUG tried to kill it, we got over that. Vista tried to kill it, we got around that, what's next ...

NoFix thinks he knows it all and is the only one around that can do anything worth a shit, we got around that, what's next...
Threatcon
Ensign
Ensign

267 Fri Aug 31, 2007 10:24 am

grog died
twiceshot
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

268 Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:03 am

ok this is going way off topic so its locked.
Jinzo
Contributor #1

Previous

Return to News