The future of Annihilation.

Announcements, Important Things and other Cool Stuff

Moderator: Moderators

121 Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:34 pm

Uhm, making that the laser walls have some use?
Now you can just walk trough them.
So whats the point of having them?
BART_SIMPSON416
Homerbane4000

122 Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:25 am

i say make the chem pack use energy when the pack is on. Then when then the whole bar of energy is gone he cant chem until he either dies it finds another station.

then the chem pack would have to be used a little more wisly.
SAND
Commander
Commander

123 Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:42 am

SAND wrote:i say make the chem pack use energy when the pack is on. Then when then the whole bar of energy is gone he cant chem until he either dies it finds another station.

It does now, what game are you playing?
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

124 Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:25 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ok...

hey, what about a pack to make clones?
Like.. we are being attaked and we clic P and a thing like Troll fire comes out, you know.. and 4 clones or 3 of us fight like a Bot-defenders... :/
in tank. but not tank clones.. Titans only with nucks..
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

125 Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:55 pm

Plasmatic wrote:
SAND wrote:i say make the chem pack use energy when the pack is on. Then when then the whole bar of energy is gone he cant chem until he either dies it finds another station.

It does now, what game are you playing?

im say not to let the energy recharge from using the pack. once its drained no more pack. you could me it auto drop pack then guy get energy back or something.
SAND
Commander
Commander

126 Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:42 am

Wouldn't throwing of the pack and putting it back on before its empty work?
Anyway,
another idea

'Mortar Targetting Laser'
Makes all the mortars you have set fire at the target you aim for.
Even if it can't reach it.
Could be cool in some situations but in other situations it can annoy the hell out of the players cause they could get killed by a team mortar or a team mortar could have destroyed their own defence.
BART_SIMPSON416
Homerbane4000

127 Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:14 am

oh oh, bart!!! i love my idea!! i saw a weapon doing that before. it rocks.
Anubis
=A cantora floribella=

128 Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:17 pm

ima miss the bwall movin...but with that a side wat are yah goin to do about driods...there about as annoyin as os.. im always tierd of noobs comin in and just sitting there droiding everyone...its actualy worse then os cuz atleast the people that are osing are some wat exposed.
(sry if u guys coverd this already i didnt feel like reading all thos pages ^_^)
Hybrd$n!pr
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

129 Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:18 am

droids are slow. at least u see em coming and can avoid it.
Bongwater
id take one

130 Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:43 pm

true but, u gotta admin there annoying
Hybrd$n!pr
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

131 Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:33 pm

I just found this post and havn't played tribes in awhile and thought it was long dead. But I love the Anni mod, it is the best I have ever played.

I used to play on the AU server because there were good players and it was enjoyable.

I recommend including the Assault Rifle from AU if at all possible. That is a great weapon.

The Neuro blasters were a pain because too many were around, limiting the amout and the area where they can be placed helps. I wouldn't recommend using it to jammer OSes.

OSes are a nuisnance and too many noobs just like to sit back and kill people. I recommend that the sensor jammer and jammer pack nulify the OS. The idea of making the person a visible on the map when they use the OS is great.

The Chem sniper rifle is too powerful in my opinion and the load time too fast. It is more powerful than the Rail Gun (which should have an increased load time).

The Cats should detect the chems and notify everyone on the team a chem is in the base. It should also (in conjuction with a motion sensor) allow turrets to fire on the Chem.

Jail should be removed because as mentioned in an earlier post it is just annoying how you are stuck in there while the enemy places turrets outside the base. If the turrets don't kill you the noob will just jail you again.

The Tank armor needs to be a little stronger because it gets killed very easily, even indoors. It would be nice if you could create a special pack jet pack for it so it can move faster outdoors. Another pack could be an auto healer pack like the Trolls'. Call it a Nano Pack or something. I have used this armor on almost all the maps as offensive. All you need is a jump pad and repair pack(or shield pack) and if you time it just right (and don't get sniped) you will land at the enemy's front door.

The Necro "freeze ray" (sorry forgot the name of the weapon) has no real use accept to annoy people. I have used it just for that because I get bored. Perhaps while "frozen" their health will slowly go done or be allowed a certain amount of damage would make the weapon more useful.

Nukes are a problem when you have nuke spammers, otherwise they are fine.

The Pitchfork was great when it was first introduced until people started launching people...I hate that.

These are just suggestions and I know others have posted similar posts but I wanted to share my thoughts. Thanks for the great mod Plas.

Taz Bot

aka Waz A-B
(JaG)PBee
Taz Bot
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

132 Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:12 am

BART_SIMPSON416 wrote:'Mortar Targetting Laser'
Makes all the mortars you have set fire at the target you aim for.
Even if it can't reach it.
Could be cool in some situations but in other situations it can annoy the hell out of the players cause they could get killed by a team mortar or a team mortar could have destroyed their own defence.

Since it got bumped...

One player paints target (scout, recon, lrrp, etc...)
Heavy lights it up...
Quimica
Call me Mr. Picky.

133 Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:08 am

I'm still wondering what the laser walls do.
Except scaring of people that never saw they i haven't found any use for them :|

Oh yeah, ask Jinzo, its fun to mess with lasers in a jail if you have an inventory in their :P
BART_SIMPSON416
Homerbane4000

134 Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:06 pm

Turreting jails used to bother me until you realize that you have a shield when you get out of jail, for a couple of seconds. That is pleanty of time to take out some lasers.
Treshnell
Forum Ninja

135 Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:46 pm

Taz Bot wrote:I recommend including the Assault Rifle from AU if at all possible. That is a great weapon.

That weapon was adapted from the hvTactical mod. If anyone's interested in it, I could probably get the code from HT/Pal.
Toe
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

136 Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:01 pm

BART_SIMPSON416 wrote:I'm still wondering what the laser walls do.
Except scaring of people that never saw they i haven't found any use for them :|

Oh yeah, ask Jinzo, its fun to mess with lasers in a jail if you have an inventory in their :P

yar that is fun indeedy do.

btw post 666 :P
Jinzo
Contributor #1

137 Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:52 am

Taz Bot wrote:
I recommend including the Assault Rifle from AU if at all possible. That is a great weapon.

OSes are a nuisnance and too many noobs just like to sit back and kill people. I recommend that the sensor jammer and jammer pack nulify the OS. The idea of making the person a visible on the map when they use the OS is great.

The Chem sniper rifle is too powerful in my opinion and the load time too fast. It is more powerful than the Rail Gun (which should have an increased load time).

Nukes are a problem when you have nuke spammers, otherwise they are fine.

The Pitchfork was great when it was first introduced until people started launching people...I hate that.

Taz Bot

aka Waz A-B
(JaG)PBee

The Assult Rifle was Great :D , and I would love to see this introduced into the next Anni. It should be weaker than the Sniper Rifle, but reload much faster. It would also be inaccurate, with a larger clip.

OS's and Nukes on the same armor are a MAJOR peeve of mine. I have seen titans use a jump pad, launch 3 nukes, then OS whatever is left; all while they are in mid-air. That is too much firepower in too short of a time. Very little can withstand this, and it will require a revamping of almost every map to prevent First Wave base rape. Give them one of the two; not both.

What about the PBeam? Two modes, both of which can destroy anything in its path? Not to mention its a laser class weapon, and is instantous. You dont have to lead your target like the Cham Sniper Rifle. Just point and shoot. A greater energy drain for this weapon would be sufficient.

:shock: The Cham Sniper Rifle is the only real weapon the Cham gets, other than the pack (a CAT, a portable sensor, and a sensor jammer grouped together stops the cham pack very quickly btw). I like the headshot feature that I have seen in some servers, which deals more damage for a good shot. (I also like the assassination skill that is on some servers cuz I usually run out of ammo long before I die). Personally, I use this weapon in both long range and close range, since is really is the only special weapon that distinguishes the Cham from other armors. The reload time is fine, since it usually takes two hits to take down anything stronger than a warrior. In some servers, 1 shot wont even take down a warrior! This is a weapon takes skill and practice to use, which is why not everyone uses it. On a side note, what happened to the Cham being able to use an energy pack?!?!?!?

If the Titan is going to be left alone, then you need to keep the pitchfork. It is the only way to build a Defense that can withstand a Titan. In my opinion, Titans are beyond "overpowered." The OS should only be a defensive weapon, while the nuke is a fine offensive weapon. Like I said before; One of the Two, but not both. The pitchforke also allows for some creativity in defense, which keeps the builder interesting.

I think the OS should go to the Angel. I think it would be fun to watch an Angel plummet from the sky because it is busy using the OS :twisted:

If there was anyone who played SSC, they would remember the Irradiation Blast, which was like the shotgun, but fired big globs of explosive something... (looks like the flamer shots, but in a shotgun) Inefficient beyond 20 feet, but a condensed shot would hurt a heavy armor pretty badly (not kill it though) and it had a reload time similar to that of the PBeam. Keep in mind though, that this weapon was used in conjunction with a grenade that would explode when it was shot (or after 15 sec) with a force similar to a plastique grenade (but looked like the Angel grenade). Anyone could shoot it too. But dropping one of these on top of a heavy armor, then shooting it with a blast would certainly kill anything. It could also be used in mid-air, but that took alot of skill and luck to pull off (without blowing up yourself in the process). It also looked really cool to see these globs stream down on something. Just a thought, since I was thinking of stuff for Anni.
SenorHelmut
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

138 Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:47 am

ok man, Let me explain few things. Your talking about the <!> edit of anni. In the oringal non edited version the chem never get a enegry pack. I do think i was talking to plas couple days ago. the problems are being addressed as plas gets time to. I know its amazing but plas does have a life.
Jinzo
Contributor #1

139 Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:46 am

Jinzo wrote:ok man, Let me explain few things. Your talking about the <!> edit of anni. In the oringal non edited version the chem never get a enegry pack. I do think i was talking to plas couple days ago. the problems are being addressed as plas gets time to. I know its amazing but plas does have a life.

the <!> version doesnt have the Energy pack either. Its just that I have played in older servers with the pack enabled.
btw, Im not asking Plas to do everything. Most of these things have already come up in this thread anyways. Just reinforcing the facts.
SenorHelmut
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

140 Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:10 pm

was it a 2.3 server? casue there is a <!> 3.0 edit and 2.3 edit
Jinzo
Contributor #1

PreviousNext

Return to News