Admin patch for Annihilation 2.x

Announcements, Important Things and other Cool Stuff

Moderator: Moderators

21 Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:45 am

Well, I looked at the code. Plas, why are you putting functions in .dsc files? Are you trying to hide them or something? As far as I can tell, (and I havn't looked through the code in the mod, just the code from adminfix.dsc) No function is redefined because there is no function { } statement in the code. I will look through the code right now in 3.0 to see what it was suppose to fix. Plas, could you pm me plz explaining this. Also, I didn't think tribes could execute files other then .cs files with the exec function.
WorstAim
sqrt(1000000)

22 Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:27 pm

Isnt it kind of obvious, hes hiding them so that other people, like you wont go looking at them and figure out how to hack people who dont have the patch, or dont have annihliation
Risker259
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

23 Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:07 pm

Risker259 wrote:Isnt it kind of obvious, hes hiding them so that other people, like you wont go looking at them and figure out how to hack people who dont have the patch, or dont have annihliation

What are you saying? You're not making any sense at all. Saying that he puts them in .dsc files to keep people from finding them doesn't make sense the way you explained it. People don't have access to the file on your computer, but anyone can download it from this site. I doubt he is hiding them to keep people from looking at them because AdminFix.dsc is very obvious. From what I read, it's a serverside patch, not clientside, so a client having the patch would not prevent the server from being hacked. This fix is obviously specific to annihilation mod, so I doubt you could hack people who don't have annihilation. Please explain more thoroughly what you meant. As far as me looking through the script to figure out how to hack people, I don't need to since I alreadly know how to do it, as I am sure most people do.
WorstAim
sqrt(1000000)

24 Mon Nov 01, 2004 7:58 am

heh... i went to all the annihilation 2.0+ servers to see who had the fix and who didn't, AU, blue sex, and annihilation canada were the only ones with the fix... this was the day before annihilation canada was stolen from bongwater.. i'm sure more servers have the fix by now... i kicked xbox like 3 times from various servers.. it was funny.. but then he used it to kick me back... it turns out only one person can do it at a time... if one person is doing it... the second person who tries it doesn't get admin.
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

25 Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:05 am

the name doesn't register with .1 after it

and also, if your gonna test it, make sure you tell people you are first :roll: I got kicked from a few servers because I was a potential hacker...

{MaJoR} lunacy also has the patch
xboxmaster56
Change is Swell

26 Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:21 pm

AHA! Plas, you are one sneaky sob. Very nice. Thanks anyway.
WorstAim
sqrt(1000000)

27 Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:42 am

hey the link is broken or what?
Taloney
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

28 Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:16 am

Good catch, thanks. I fixed it.
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer