Annihilation 3.0 Beta release.

Announcements, Important Things and other Cool Stuff

Moderator: Moderators

1 Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:37 am

Yep. Annihilation 3.0 beta is available here:
http://www.tribes0.com/ann3beta.zip
This is the same version I run on my Blue Sex server, and includes the Slapper, snapping platforms, and other goodness.
The largest change can be found in the code structure, and the way data blocks are loaded.
A 'file ripper' handles much of the heavy lifting during load, and drastically simplifies adding new items.

I've also put together a simple .vol tool that makes compiling easier, and included it in the download.

This version is unencrypted, and items are split into subdirectories for easy tinkering.
Most changes will not even require a recompile.
Feel free to tinker with the mod, but please ask before publishing any changes, or running a modified public server.

-Plasmatic
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

2 Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:55 am

If I see any of plas' coding running around it other mods, im going to take your face, and cram it into the end of my railfun barrel...
xboxmaster56
Change is Swell

3 Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:13 pm

xboxmaster56 wrote:If I see any of plas' coding running around it other mods, im going to take your face, and cram it into the end of my railfun barrel...
Yes, sir :wink:
Starwind
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

4 Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:48 pm

Did you realize that you have some duplicat files in that? Like: Ann3_beta.txt, there are some others too.
noxwizard
Commander
Commander

5 Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:21 pm

Code: Select all
   banlist::add(%address, 5);   //5 second ban to prevent retardedness -Plasmatic

awww.. i enjoyed connecting 5 times per second... :evil:

anywho. may i have permission to modify it and send it to bong to host on his new 10 mb/s down, 4 mb/s up connection?
i figure it will be an easy 40-60 person server...

i hope to change gameplay back to the old versions of the mod while keeping the file structure and admin options of the new. maybe adding to the structure by further splitting the scripts into subdirectories... but i'll hafta learn more about how that subdirectory thing works first...

i've already begun modifying, but have not sent any versions to bong yet...
so far all of my edits are reversible simply by typing a console command or changing a variable in the config... i might add an admin option to enable/disable my edits in the future...

translation, if all of my edits can be enabled/disabled with one command, you have the ability to change versions of the mod by selecting one option... since you have to type in the command in the console right now, the option is reserved for the host, but if i add an admin option, it could be done threw the tab menu, and if that goes over smoothly, i might throw in a vote option later...
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

6 Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:57 am

request for allowance to use some things of annihilation 3.0 beta
BART_SIMPSON416
Homerbane4000

7 Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:29 am

Now a new breed of blue sex 12 year olds will be born
KleeNeX'
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

8 Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:19 am

lol...

i'll poop my pants if my modifications actually work... i'm so bad at modding it's not even funny...
Perrinoia
Suggestion bot 10,000

9 Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:41 pm

wahahahahahha
funny
Noh lol
I just need some turret code.
And the the code of giant explosions :D
BART_SIMPSON416
Homerbane4000

10 Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:31 pm

KleeNeX' wrote:Now a new breed of blue sex 12 year olds will be born
Plas is the pharaoh that breeds hundreds of offspring.

Didn't you know? :lol:

my new 1.11 install crashes after a bit of pitchforking around, in broadside, new video drivers.
Rattle
Commander
Commander

11 Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:53 pm

The Particle beam, and Shield pack are broken in this build, the fix is here:
http://www.tribes0.com/Particle_Shield.zip
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

12 Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:54 pm

hey i am new and i was wondering how u host this mod and make it dedicated?
alen0322
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

13 Wed Dec 22, 2004 4:57 pm

Plasmatic wrote:Simply extract it with subdirectories to the c:\dynamix\tribes directory, so there's an annihilation3 folder in the same directory as tribes.exe, the files in the config directory go to the existing config directory, and the files in the base/missions directory go to the base/missions directory.
You can also extract it elsewhere, and manually move the files.

From there you will need to make a shortcut.
Take a quick look at this:
http://www.annihilation.info/tutorials. ... d=3&page=3
for instructions on installing a mod. The tutorial is for beginning modders, but the ideas are the same.

Right click Tribes.exe create a shortcut, then add -annihilation3 to the end of the target line for a non dedicated server, (server you can play on)..
noxwizard
Commander
Commander

14 Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:41 am

Annihilation3 beta was distributed open source, and I have no problem with people tinkering with it, provided modified versions aren't ran or distributed.

If you want to run a modified Annihilation server, you need to ask permission first. ^AU^ and <!> are the only ones with permission so far. I really don't have a problem with people making admin or cheat fixes, but obvious changes I'd like to clear first.

When I do give permission, I ask that server operators make it clear the Annihilation being ran has been modified, and people KNOW its a modified server. Connect and join screens should contain this information. There seems to be some confusion what Annihilation mod really is, and unauthorized modifications only make this worse.

If there's something you would like to see in the mod, by all means let us know. Post in the suggestions section of the forum.
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

15 Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:27 pm

for the sake of disclosure, i would like to remind u that we also asked before modifying the 2.3 code last august. My coder (at the time,) KK-Smithy, obtained ur written permission which i kept for just such an occassion. i have attached our request and ur response below:

Hello,
Due to specific rules my clan would like to enforce, we would like to modify Annhilation 2.3 to incorporate those changes. Here are the changes we would like to make:

- Automatically enabling or disabling base damage, if the there is less or more than 3 players per team
- Disabling OS and Jail towers, and notifying admins when someone attempts to use them
- Automatically kicking TKers who accumulate more than 5 unforgivin TK's
- Automatically kicking BKers who accumulate more than 3 BK's
- Adding 1.31 properties to Warrior handgernades, so they travel farther.

This modification would be kept only on our server. We would not share it, or provide it for public distribution under any circumstance.

If you would wish for us not to make any changes to Annihilation, that is your right as you guys are the authors of this great mod. Please reply to this after giving it consideration, even if its only a simple 'No.' I will respect your decision and not bother you again about it.

Thanks for your time,

Smithy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To: Smithy
Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:12 am
Subject: Re: Request to modify Annihilation 2.3 Quote message
Add the lines:

schedule("PopulateItemMax(Jailgun);",10);
schedule("PopulateItemMax(JailTower);",10);
schedule("PopulateItemMax(OSLauncher);",10);

to the start of config/AnnAdminList.cs (copy paste) This will remove those 3 items from inventory, but leave favorites in tact.

As for the rest, I will be releasing 3.0 sometime soon.. (I hope), but if you want to make those changes, go ahead. Be sure to make it clear that your servers version is modified on the join screen, and the loading screen.

-Plasmatic
KK-CreepingDeath
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

16 Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:51 am

Ah yes. I've seen the base rape options, very nice. I'll probably add something similar to the new version. Admin configurable of course. ;)
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

17 Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:14 am

i'd be happy to share the code if you would like to see it. :)
KK-CreepingDeath
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

18 Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:20 am

Plasmatic wrote:The Particle beam, and Shield pack are broken in this build, the fix is here:
http://www.tribes0.com/Particle_Shield.zip

umm.. hey i guess im too late, but is it just me or the link to that isnt working? could you replace it.. pleaaase... :)
PoliceMaster
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

19 Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:03 pm

Bongwater
id take one

20 Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:19 am

I'm in there w00t! :wink:
Crotalus
I DEMAND A TITLE!

Next

Return to News