Plasmatic_Ski

Announcements, Important Things and other Cool Stuff

Moderator: Moderators

1 Wed May 12, 2004 8:22 am

If you're new to Tribes (Welcome!!), or simply want to try out something new, you're in luck. I've slapped together a simple Jump/ Jet/ Ski script that makes movement alot easier. Easier on your keyboard too.

This script taps jump repeatedly when the spacebar is held down, jumps whenever Jetting to get additional height -the same as tapping space bar when first jetting, and includes a weapon changer for scroll mice (change weapons with the scroll button).
Compatable with everything or stand alone. Your choice.

http://www.annihilation.info/plasmatic/ ... ic_Ski.zip

-Plasmatic
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

2 Wed May 12, 2004 9:08 am

Excellent. I've been trying to find a ski script.
Treshnell
Forum Ninja

3 Wed May 12, 2004 10:16 am

I was just using an old RPG script to change weapons til now. Gotta love automine on Annihilation servers ;)
Very cool script, how about your 10 fav script too? Or should I just shutup and check your website?
MinuteManIII
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

4 Wed May 12, 2004 12:26 pm

nice... imma try it out
xboxmaster56
Change is Swell

5 Wed May 12, 2004 4:55 pm

I never got around to finishing the 11 faves script. I need someone to make a number 11 for the gui...
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

6 Wed May 12, 2004 7:37 pm

Hey plas can u post the newopts. or w/e its called i need a dropper script too... If u cant post can u E-mail me IDC w/e it takes i NEED one also anyone is welcome to help me out here!!!
<!>figures16
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

7 Thu May 13, 2004 2:13 am

Handy little thing, save me from all those embarrassing screwed up jumps :)
Waltz
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

8 Thu May 13, 2004 3:27 am

<!>figures16 wrote:Hey plas can u post the newopts. or w/e its called i need a dropper script too... If u cant post can u E-mail me IDC w/e it takes i NEED one also anyone is welcome to help me out here!!!
You covet my ice cream bar?
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

9 Thu May 13, 2004 9:10 am

if you want to ICQ me what I'd have to do to get you an image for the 11, I can give it a whirl. Like what format would I need to give it to you in, where I might be able to find the existing image files for the existing favs for 1 through 5. That's all I'd need really.
MinuteManIII
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

10 Thu May 13, 2004 11:49 am

Will do MM3.
16, newopts can be found here: http://www.planettribes.com/zear/
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

11 Thu May 13, 2004 1:26 pm

Have any of you already known that there has been a jump/ski/jet script before? It's by Big Bunny. It's been on for years? And theres also a script that alows you to set 20 favs. Also by Big Bunny. (I think Big Bunny makes too many scripts what people would usually want)
TwiZtid
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

12 Thu May 13, 2004 2:52 pm

His is overly complex and requires you to do it outside of your inventory window. It's a pain. I'm not sure if that's the one that used the cowboy hud or not, but I remember every favs script I've seen so far hasn't just added extra buttons in your inventory and keybinds for those new favorites. Simplicity would be wonderful.
MinuteManIII
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

13 Thu May 13, 2004 3:48 pm

mmmm icce crreamm :D
<!>figures16
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

14 Fri May 14, 2004 4:00 am

TwiZtid wrote:Have any of you already known that there has been a jump/ski/jet script before? It's by Big Bunny. It's been on for years? And theres also a script that alows you to set 20 favs. Also by Big Bunny. (I think Big Bunny makes too many scripts what people would usually want)
Hey TwiZtid, welcome to Annihilation :mrgreen:
Yep. I looked at a few other ski scripts before deciding to write my own, I wanted something simple and easy to use. The jump/ jet/ ski script is 20 lines and smart enough to allow you to fly vehicles without turning it off, and doesn't need to be set up. Same with the 11 faves, who wants to hand edit a setup file for 20 faves, or create their own for unsupported mods when you can simply hit I and set it there..
Plasmatic
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

15 Tue May 18, 2004 8:16 am

Oh that's cool. That sounds alot simpler than BB's. I'll have to check that out. Oh and, nice mod. I love annihilation now. Reminds me of shifter in some ways though. But just has everything better than shifters.
TwiZtid
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

16 Tue May 18, 2004 10:56 am

shifter is much slower. And has some annoying things in it. It does have some cool features to though.
robindegen
I ril pr0 men

17 Tue May 18, 2004 11:09 am

Like what??
<!>figures16
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

18 Tue May 18, 2004 1:37 pm

shifterx has some cool vehicles. And you know what's really cool (n00bish but cool)? You can get over 200 points just by repairing the stuff so you could end up on the top3 of players without any kills lol
robindegen
I ril pr0 men

19 Tue May 18, 2004 1:40 pm

repair points are nice, it gives credit to those people who spend entire matches setting up D or take their time to actually repair the stations. Shifter doesn't have to be slow either, if you ever played a game with Monky or w0rm way back when you could've seen how quickly it can really go.
MinuteManIII
Lt Commander
Lt Commander

20 Tue May 18, 2004 1:55 pm

heh yea i remember the good ol fixing stations and getting points.. annihilation should really have that... :roll:
<!>figures16
Spambot in training
Spambot in training

Next

Return to News